Some of my computer experience is from university and work, but most is from being a user of Linux, BSD and other free software for over 20 years. I have been in IT professionally for the last 6 years.
Vizrt Sweden AB
Vizrt is a software company in the broadcast industry.
Systems Engineer (Jan 2013 – Jan 2015)
Worked with installation, configuration, documentation, testing and fixing of Vizrt's media asset management (MAM) system.
- At first joined a QA team, doing manual testing for a couple of months.
- As a systems engineer, helped complete a successful upgrade project for a major British broadcaster.
- Implemented a proof-of-concept plugin integrating Vizrt products with Adobe After Effects which was used as a demo at a major trade show.
- Temporarily switched department to R&D for three months, to implement a new feature relating to tiered storage, using Perl and Python.
Vizrt Thailand Ltd.
Systems Engineer (Feb 2015 — present)
Moved to Thailand and continued working as a systems engineer.
- I have provided training for customers, partners and Vizrt colleagues across the region in the use of the Vizrt MAM's thirdparty REST API, and Python SDK.
- Received the bespoke title consulting systems engineer, meaning I take requests for technical advice and estimates from colleagues in the APAC region working as technical sales representatives or solution architects.
- Was the lead systems engineer in a large project for a major broadcaster in India, helping two other teams to integrate with the Vizrt MAM system, one team belonging to a systems integration company, and one to the customer. Spent in total around six months at the customer site in Mumbai, providing instructions and support.
- Had a hand in many other projects across the region, including work on-site work at broadcasters in China, Thailand, South Africa, Israel, and Singapore, as well as remotely in Australia and New Zeeland.
Uppsala University, Sweden (2003 - 2007)
- Master programme in computational linguistics (incomplete).
- Independent courses in computer science, literature, and philosophy.